It’s difficult but not impossible. This article may give you the answer to the question: “How to write a rock song?”. I may give you a few tips that may help you:
• First of all you will require talent. You won’t go far without it.
• Create a band. Think of a catchy name for it. Find some people that can really rock the crowd. It’s also good to have some kind of your very own “thing”. A band is better than a solo singer. People usually prefer groups of musicians. I don’t know why, but they just do.
• Create YOUR sound. Try balancing between something completely new and something that is very familiar and close to everybody. Why? People are always looking for something new and yet they are always scared to open their hearts and minds to something completely out of this world.
• And now we are getting very close to the pen and paper part. One more thing left to do is teaming up. Try creating your songs together with all of your band members. You will have a fresh look on your creation and bad ideas will be eliminated in your studio. And it will be done before your future fans eliminate the idea for you.
• One of the most important things in writing a song is writing lyrics. How to write song lyrics? Start with catchy words that are easy to remember and pleasant to hear. And if you are sending a message through your song, it should not be obvious. Give your listeners the possibility to understand your song the way you want to understand it. Forget clarity. Four out of five legendary songs do not have it.
• And, of course, music! Your song needs a good melody and rhythm. These two are basic necessities of every song. People might also expect your song to change at one particular moment (mostly after the third verse). You may add a guitar solo or the singer’s a-capella or anything you can think of. They will be the visit-card of your new born masterpiece.
• Don’t try too hard! You should do your best if you want your song to be popular. But don’t do more than you can. It just will not work out.
• If you are dedicating a song to somebody, try not to be too specific. Everybody should have a chance to match himself with the song’s character. No love song would be popular if every girl that listened to it did not have a thought that the song is about her.
• Put your soul in your song. Cherish it like a child. Your emotions should flood the audience.
Try following these tips and if you have enough skill and talent, you might become the new “Beatles” or “Nirvana”. Everything’s up to you.