7 Easy Steps to Make Your Dream Come True
This question disturbs many young people who want to express their feelings and emotions. Writing songs seems to be real fun. There are lots of methods which can inspire you and give you a good start.
First, there is no precise formula how to write a good song. Some people prefer writing lyrics first and then they try to find an appropriate melody. Some writers start composing music. But the luckiest persons compose music and lyrics at the same time.
- How to write a song? Find a proper title. This step will determine the whole process and the success of your composition. Be attentive to your feelings. Sometimes a great title can come to you mind itself. Don’t pull yourself together to invent something. It can come to your mind any moment and it will hint you how to write your own song.
- Turn your title into lyrics. Think the topic of the song thoroughly. Start asking questions. Try to understand what the song will be about. What events will you describe? What do you want to express or to show in the song? Answering these questions you’ll receive a canvas how to write your own song.
- Writing lyrics you are to make a list of words, phrases, statements which you’ll use in the song. These words should relate to the title and the topic. Do not think about rhymes now. Just put down as many words as possible. If the song is about some vacation, write down: summer, the sea, the sun, love, joy, fun, happiness, etc. Write down all the words that come to your mind. These associations will become the basis of the process how to write a good song.
- To answer the question how to write a good song you should know the structure of the song. As a rule, there are the following parts in any song: verse, chorus, bridge, pre-chorus. Verses have the same melody but different lyrics. The chorus can be heard three, four or even more times. The bridge and the pre-chorus can help to emphasize some parts. So, to solve the problem how to write your own song, think the structure of the song over. The title of the song should be repeated in the chorus.
- Compose your lyrics using words and phrases from your list, taking into consideration rhymes, the topic of the song and its title. Without music it may sound strange. Do not mind it, as you are only starting to learn how to write a good song. When you compose a melody you’ll have the opportunity to smooth the lyrics.
- Now it’s high time to compose a melody for the song. The best advice is to read the lyrics emphasizing different words with strong emotions. While reading make high tones even higher. In this way you’ll feel the rhythm of your poem and you’ll be able to turn it into a melody. Playing music instruments can help you in composing the song.
- After that you can change the lyrics according to the melody and do as many times as you wish. Anyway, the song is yours and it’s up to you to decide what it will look like at the end of the creative process.
There are different approaches and much more difficult attitudes; there is plenty of the information online which can help you. But mind that it is your inspiration that will hint you how to write your own song.